Strengthening the Mental Health of our Families
By Elaine Hegwood Bowen, M.S.J., ACCESS Media Relations Specialist
August 13, 2015
ACCESS is proud to partner with Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC) because it is an organization that exists to promote the well-being of individuals, families and communities through prevention, education and treatment.
FGC believes that substance abuse and mental illness are society's most devastating and far reaching problems. Its programs are designed to educate and guide individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their families and society.
ACCESS frequently refers patients struggling with mental illness and/or substance use disorders to FGC as part of our preferred care network. We support FGC's mission and services because:
- Participants are able to access levels of care and specific services to create an individualized treatment approach.
- High-risk populations are given priority access to specialized programming.
- Mental health counseling is provided by highly-qualified licensed psychologists and master-level licensed counselors and social workers.
- Each patient is guided in concrete steps toward healing from trauma, development of healthier family and social relationships, ongoing management of any chronic mental health conditions, and prevention of illicit substance use.
- A wide variety of issues are addressed, including vocational, cognitive, psychological, legal, social, cultural, lifestyle and behavioral changes in clinically appropriate settings, such as individual counseling, group counseling, family counseling, patient specific education and early intervention.
ACCESS recommends being proactive about your family's mental health. If you have any concerns about the well-being of either a family member or yourself, seek help and schedule an appointment with your care provider today. Contact ACCESS to schedule an appointment at a location near you. You also can visit FGC's website to learn more about their services and locations.