For more than 20 years, ACCESS has been proud to provide comprehensive HIV services and support programs to Chicago’s most underserved communities. ACCESS has grown its services and programming as the needs have evolved in our communities. In fact, through an established Consumer Advisory Board and a patient advocate on staff, ACCESS has actively engaged our patients to better inform, assist and evaluate ACCESS’ program offerings over time. Today, ACCESS is proud to offer the following services and resources:
- HIV testing, counseling and referrals
- Community outreach and linkage to care
- Prevention services and education for high-risk groups
- Primary care for HIV positive patients following Public Health Service protocols
- Early intervention services including medical case management, treatment adherence, mental health, nutritional counseling, and infectious disease specialty care
- Treatment for co-morbidities such as mental health diagnoses and Hepatitis C
- Screening for and enrollment into public benefit programs, such as ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program)
- Prevention education for HIV positive patients
- Prevention education for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
Make An Appointment
Testing and Treatment
ACCESS believes an HIV test should be seen as a normal part of every regular check-up. In fact, ACCESS provides universal HIV testing at each of our 35 health centers across the Chicagoland area. If the test results are positive. ACCESS’ care team works with patients to discuss the best treatment options and care plan to meet their needs.
Additionally, a team of dedicated community health specialists provides additional support beyond our walls to offer regular HIV screenings within the communities we serve.
Group Support and Education
We offer group-based programming to help patients live their best lives possible. Sessions vary by location and include topics such as gender pride, healthy relationships, stress management and coping strategies, STI transmission and HIV re-infection. Find out more about the offerings available at the ACCESS health care home nearest to you.
ACCESS believes HIV prevention starts with education at an early age. We offer dedicated programming and classes to empower youth to take control of their health and better their lives. Educational topics covered include: prevention (HIV/AIDs, STIs and gang violence), health education, life skills (anger management, stress, self-confidence, healthy relationships), and job readiness and employment placement assistance.
HIV Hub Sites:
ACCESS Evanston-Rogers Park Family Health Center
1555 W. Howard St.
Chicago, IL 60626
ACCESS Grand Boulevard Health and Specialty Center
5401 S. Wentworth Ave.
Chicago, IL 60609
ACCESS Madison Family Health Center
3800 W. Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60624
ACCESS Blue Island Family Health Center
13000 Maple Ave.
Blue Island, IL 60406
ACCESS Martin T. Russo Family Health Center
245 S. Gary Ave. Lower Level
Bloomingdale, IL 60108