How to Treat Asthma and Allergies
March 10, 2016
May is the height of the season for those who suffer with allergies and asthma. Allergies and asthma affect more than 50 million Americans and are often connected to similar allergen triggers.
Although there is not a cure, asthma and allergies can be controlled through medical treatment and management of environmental triggers. Knowledge about the causes, signs and symptoms can help reduce severity and prevent reoccurrences.
If you're living with asthma and allergies, follow these simple tips to feel good and make the most out of your day:
- Identify and limit your exposure to environmental triggers. These include:
- Dust and dust mites
- Pet dander or pets that shed
- Mildew and mold
- Chemicals in detergents and other cleaning products
- Regularly carry and use medications prescribed to you by your doctor to prevent and treat flare-ups.
- See an allergist to determine which allergens affect you and receive recommendations for treatment.
Allergies should not reduce your quality of life. To learn about how you can control and prevent asthma and allergy symptoms schedule an appointment today.
As of February 28, 2023