Suggested Quotes and Scriptures
After years of working with our interfaith and community partners, we have compiled some sample scriptures and quotes that you may use for your Pin-A-Sister®/Examínate Comadre®, event:
- “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 New International Version)
- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version)
- They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31 King James Version)
- Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. (Psalms 31:24 King James Version)
Sample Inspirational Quotes:
- Pope John Paul II: "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
- Robert H. Schuller: "Laughter solves a lot of problems because it gives you a more positive outlook. Change your outlook and you will change your life."
- Maya Angelou: "A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
- Maya Angelou: "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."
- Helen Keller: "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it."
- Hubert H. Humphrey: "The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
- Julia Alvarez: "Everyone needs a strong sense of self. It is our base of operations for everything that we do in life."
- Mother Teresa: "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."