Pin-A-Sister™/Examínate Comadre™ Social Media Toolkit
October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month and now, more than ever, it is important to come together to recognize all the breast cancer survivors for their perseverance and strength, raise awareness of the importance of early detection, even in the midst of a COVID-19 pandemic, and work toward the reduction of health disparities that persist among African-American and Hispanic women who develop breast cancer.
Help us get the word out - follow, engage and share on social or host your own virtual pinning ceremony!
Host a virtual Pin-A-Sister™/ Examínate Comadre™ pinning ceremony. Organize a Zoom virtual event to educate your congregation or community about the importance of early detection, honor breast cancer survivors and together pledge to take control of your health.
- Use our Pin-A-Sister™/ Examínate Comadre™ Breast Cancer Awareness PowerPoint (English | Spanish) to share breast health information, spread awareness on racial health disparities, and urge women over the age of 40 to schedule their mammogram.
Follow all ACCESS social accounts and the Pin-A-Sister™/Examínate Comadre™ Facebook page for resources and program updates. Share, like, comment on our weekly posts which include blog posts, events, articles from our community partners, and more resources.
- COVID-19 doesn't stop breast cancer. Whether it's a monthly self-exam or an annual mammogram, early detection is key. Learn more https://bit.ly/3nLhn7J
- Support your sisters, encourage them to learn about their breast health and get a mammogram. Make a pledge today https://bit.ly/36WgOlw
- #DYK? Breast cancer is the second most common cancer for women in the U.S. and disproportionately affects Black and Hispanic women?
- #DYK? More African-American and Hispanic women die from #breastcancer than white women.
- Early detection saves lives! Delayed cancer screenings lead to late detection and delayed diagnoses and treatment. Learn more
- 40% of breast cancer diagnoses are detected through self-exams. Learn more https://bit.ly/3nKShWP
Share your story. Why is early detection of breast cancer important to you or your family?
Breast Cancer Awareness Graphics - free to download, save and share!
Support Your Sisters (Facebook)
Support Your Sisters (Twitter)
Support Your Sisters (Instagram)
COVID-19 Doesn't Stop Breast Cancer (Facebook)
COVID-19 Doesn't Stop Breast Cancer (Twitter)
COVID-19 Doesn't Stop Breast Cancer (Instagram)
Did you Know (English) - Facebook
Did you Know (English) - Twitter
Did you Know (English) - Instagram
¿Sabías? (Spanish) - Facebook
¿Sabías? (Spanish) - Twitter
¿Sabías? (Spanish) - Instagram
Pin-A-Sister™/Examínate Comadre™, an initiative by Access Community Health Network (ACCESS), is a faith-based, breast cancer outreach and awareness campaign. The program’s mission is to educate and reduce health disparities and decrease the number of African-American and Hispanic women who develop breast cancer.