Signs and Symptoms of Mental Health Issues
Mental health illnesses are often the result of dealing with an extremely stressful situation or series of stressful events.
Early recognition, proper care and treatment are factors that lead to many individuals being able to recover from a mental illness or behavioral disorder.
"We believe mental health is closely tied to physical health and positive health outcomes," said Suzanne Snyder, L.C.S.W., ACCESS Behavioral Health Manager. "Therefore, we offer a wide range of behavioral health services to help our patients live healthier lives."
If you notice the following signs and symptoms, especially sudden changes in thoughts and behaviors, schedule a visit with your doctor:
- Social withdrawal and other feelings of apathy
- Excessive anxiety, fear or worrying
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Feelings of extreme highs and lows
- Sadness and irritability for prolonged periods of time
- Delusional thoughts
- Strong feelings of anger or sadness
- Suicidal or any dangerous thoughts
- Inability to complete daily activities
- Drop in performance at work or school
For more information about ACCESS' behavioral health services, click here.
How We Can Help
At ACCESS, we treat the whole person and believe behavioral health is an integral part of one’s overall heath. ACCESS offers a wide range of behavioral health services and programs to help you live the best life possible.
As of March 1, 2023